Without immediate access to Bingo Modernization,
North Bay’s Blue Sky Bingo will be forced to close its doors
Save our Bingo Hall from closing
Without immediate access to the cGaming Bingo Modernization the OLG is offering to most halls in Ontario but not ours, Blue Sky Bingo will be forced to close its doors because we simply won’t be able to compete on a level playing field.
WITHOUT YOUR HELP, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BINGO HALL
Send your MPP (and provincial Finance Minister) Hon. Victor Fedeli a strong message!
Tell him how much Blue Sky Bingo means to you and ask him to mandate the OLG to include your hall in the cGaming Bingo Modernization which is rolling out now.
If you use this easy form, your email will be sent to Hon. Fedeli as well as Premier Doug Ford.
Not sure what to say?
Here are three examples below.
Feel free to cut ’n paste and revise as necessary.
Concerned that I haven’t received a response, I want to be certain that you’re advocating for Bingo Modernization at North Bay’s Bingo Country. Without it, North Bay will forgo $397,560 annually in municipal licensing fees and our 54 charities will lose $3,313,000. Respectfully, I expect you to mandate the OLG to include my Hall in cGaming Bingo Modernization. Thank you!
As my hometown hero and MPP, I strongly encourage you to advocate for Bingo Modernization at North Bay’s Blue Sky Bingo. Please mandate the OLG to include my Hall in cGaming Bingo Modernization that is rolling out now.
Dear Hon. Victor Fedeli;
As both my MPP and as Finance Minister, I strongly encourage you to advocate for Bingo Modernization at North Bay’s Blue Sky Bingo. Please mandate the OLG to include my Hall in cGaming Bingo Modernization that is rolling out now.
Without cGaming, the results of the OLG decision will be catastrophic to North Bay:
- Blue Sky Bingo will be forced to close its doors and go out of business through no fault of its own. As a result, many friends and neighbours will lose well-paying jobs.
- 54 charities who work hard to bring charity bingo to North Bay and who depend on the revenues as a major source of their fundraising will have to cut back their services or cease operations altogether
- the OLG will lose an estimated $40,849,600 in revenue across Ontario, $2,915,440 of which would come from North Bay
- North Bay-based charities which are already losing because of bingo industry declines will lose another $3,313,000 in new revenue annually
- our City will lose out on a boost in revenues of approximately $397,560 annually
If you represent one of the charities that will be affected by the closure if Bingo Modernization is not awarded to Blue Sky Bingo, please tell Hon. Victor Fedeli the following in a few short sentences…
- Who are you and what charity you represent / position / years of service
- Say why you’re writing. Consider: I am writing to bring to your attention the potential devastating effects of the OLG’s actions, as they are in effect picking winners and losers. The process is unfair. The OLG’s planned Ontario Bingo Modernization – otherwise called cGaming –has exclusively been offered to 37 bingo halls province-wide, ignoring and thus excluding Blue Sky Bingo as well as nine other bingo halls from this industry-saving initiative.
- Tell him what effect the Hall closure will be on your charity in a sentence or two. ie. Your revenues will go down a lot or be cut in half / by a third / by about 25%. You will be forced to cut services or cease to exist.
- Ask him to meet with you
- Ask for his help: As my MPP, I strongly encourage you to advocate for Bingo Modernization at North Bay’s Blue Sky Bingo. Please mandate the OLG to include my Hall in Bingo Modernization which is rolling out now.
- Thank him for making this a priority!
Tell your MPP – and provincial Finance Minister – how much North Bay’s Blue Sky Bingo means to you! Encourage him to ensure the OLG is mandated to include our hall in the cGaming Bingo Modernization which is rolling out now.